Thursday 10 December 2009

Hello Friends!

This is a new (second) attempt at some form of regular blogging. Since I've utterly failed to get into Twitter, I think this may be my last shot at harnessing the goodness of the web 2.0 universe. Hopefully this incarnation will update more than biannually. I am enthused because rather than an unfocused collection of observations and grips (mostly gripes), I've decided to focus on one subject that I'm pretty into: cooking.

The idea is to catalog the recipes that I've been cooking at home (that is to say when I'm doing more than microwaving a tin of spam). I have noticed that even when I cook off of a preset recipe, I'm always subtracting (I never have everything they call for) , occasionally adding, and always tweaking slightly. With luck, other people may try some of these preparations and suggest improvements or different ways of doing things. It is also nice to have a written record of recipes** for the future.

Huzzah!

**I hesitate to actually employ the term 'recipe' for the rough lists of ingredients and relative cooking procedures that you will probably find in future posts. The word has almost evolved into a pejorative for me. The last thing I'd want to suggest is that a specific dish has but one definitive list of ingredients and cooking procedure that confer its dish-y legitimacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment